BitDirect is a bitcoin management platform that facilitates the storing of bitcoin, managing of customers, customizing asset under management fees, validating transactions, viewing charts and statement and performing an essential backup security service in the event that a customer loses their hardware device.
The type of personal data we collect
In providing our services, we currently collect and process your:
- First and last name and
- Email address;
- Hardware device model; and
- Internet Protocol (IP) address.
If you are not comfortable sharing your name with us, you may use an alias instead.
How we get the personal data and why we have it
All of the personal data we process is provided to us directly by you on the basis of the contractual relationship we have with you for one of the following purposes:
- To provide you with our services such as storing your bitcoin, validating transactions and compiling charts and statements;
- To inform you about platform updates and news on occasion. However, we will not process your personal data for marketing purposes or send you promotion material; and
- To maintain system security. We may obtain data about your hardware device model and IP address during your device set up. We will not access any other information on your device.
Disclosure and transfer of your personal data
We will not disclose or transfer any of your personal data or transactional data or device data with any third parties or with any government authority subject to applicable data protection legislation.
How we store your personal data
We are serious about securing your personal data. We take all precautionary measures and regularly implement and maintain information security measures, electronic and technical safeguards, and physical data protection mechanisms. All information gathered from you is securely stored.
We keep your personal data for as long we are contractually required to provide you with our services and for any periods required under applicable law. Once these periods have lapsed, we will securely destroy your personal data or dispose of it.
Your data protection rights
Under the GDPR, your data protection rights include:
- Your right of access: You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data.
- Your right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify your personal data if you think it is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability: You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal data you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any fee for exercising your rights. If you submit a request, we will respond within one month.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Our contact details
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to submit a complaint
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal data, you can submit a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk